Terms & conditions for distance learners v.3
Those eligible to qualify as Distance Learners include:
- Students registered on Distance Learning courses
- Students on a part-time course living “at a distance” from Portsmouth (students registered as PhD at the discretion of your Faculty Librarian).
- Students on a sandwich course during their placement, if living “at a distance” from Portsmouth.
- Students on a placement of more than six weeks.
- Students on a full-time course living locally but with special needs, e.g. a disability which makes it difficult to get to the Library
What can be supplied:
- Books that are in stock
- Scans/Photocopies of articles from journals or chapters from books which are in stock in print format
- Scans/Photocopies of items not in stock obtained from other libraries.
What cannot be supplied:
- Whole books from other libraries, as we cannot post these on. You may still apply for an interlibrary book loan, but you will need to collect it from the University of Portsmouth Library.
NB Requests are usually bound by copyright restrictions (5% or one chapter).
Using this service means you have to factor in time to allow time for return of items on loan and/or delivery of items. If you are working to a tight deadline please contact your Faculty Librarian or Subject Enquiry Team for advice on possible alternatives.
Our form of delivery requires a signature on receipt so you may need to collect books if no-one is available to sign for them. We will however deliver to any address you nominate on your request form if you have workplace or friend /relative willing to sign on your behalf.
If you have any questions about this service please phone 023 9284 3228 or email email@example.com
Books from stock are posted out to you free of charge on the understanding that you are responsible for their safe return. We recommend you return books by Special Delivery or ParcelForce 48 as this provides proof of postage and cover for any items lost in the post.