Forms of identification

We accept these forms of ID:

Personal Identification

  • UK, overseas, international or provisional driving licence (provided it shows your photograph and/or signature)
  • Official identification card from a recognised place of work or study (provided it includes a photograph and the name of your organisation/university, etc.)
  • International Identity cards (provided it includes a photograph)
  • Full passport
  • UK cheque guarantee card, credit card or debit card (provided it shows your photograph)
  • Bus pass or travel card (provided it shows your photograph)

Proof of Address

  • Recent utility bill (gas, telephone or water bill, issued in the last 3 months)
  • Recent bank or building society statement or credit card statement (issued in the last 3 months)
  • State pension book
  • Benefit/family credit book
  • Council tax statement or payment book (issued in the last 3 months)
  • Central or local government, government agency or local council document giving entitlement (e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC, issued in the last 3 months)


This list is not exhaustive and we will accept alternative pieces of photo ID and recent proofs of address that are similarly official.