Letter of Introduction to Overseas Libraries

If you would like to use overseas university libraries, you may be required to provide a letter of introduction from the University of Portsmouth Library.

If you would like to use other university libraries in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, you can use the SCONUL Access scheme.

Who is it for?

University of Portsmouth students travelling overseas during holidays or studying on a distance learning course.

click image to enlarge

Where and when?

Please contact us if you require a letter of introduction.  

Please be aware that neither a letter of introduction nor Sconul Access is likely to allow borrowing privileges. Access to computer and wireless networks at other institutions will depend upon their policies. Please check with the institution you wish to visit to confirm what they identification and other documents, such as a letter of introduction, they require before you can use their services and facilities.