This page will help you get more out of your Library resources for your assignments, projects and dissertations in Biomedical Sciences
You can search for books and ebooks using the Library Catalogue, via Discovery. When looking specifically fo rebooks try searching here or individual ebook providers e.g. Ebook Central, Elsevier eibrary or MyiLibrary.
Below are listed useful book and ebook search tools relevant to biomedicine students.
• Credo Reference fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
A variety of reference works, including dictionaries, which tutors may well prefer to Wikipedia, and it even tells you how to set out a reference to what you find. Try out the 'Mind Map' feature to see how your keyword links to others - useful for essay planning and dissertation work.
These short videos show you how Credo can speed up your research:
An online reference collection, featuring full-text content from subject-specific reference titles. Do a keyword search of the whole collection or browse for a reference work by subject. Get help planning your research by visualising your topic with a concept map.
Additional access instructions:
For off campus access use this link
• Ebook Central fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
Contains full text books in many subject areas.
• Elsevier eLibrary fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
A collection of key textbooks including:
- Aulton's Pharmaceutics, Aulton ME.
- Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Walker R.
- Community Pharmacy 2nd Edition, Rutter P.
- Fundamentals of pharmacognosy and phytotherapy, Heinrich M.
- General and Systematic Pathology 5th Edition, Underwood J.
- Kumar and Clark's Clinical Medicine 8th Edition, Kumar P
- Mim's Medical Microbiology 5th Edition, Goering R.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis 4th Edition, Watson DG.
- Pharmaceutical Practice, Rees JA.
- Rang & Dale's Pharmacology 7th Edition, Rang HP.
- Textbook of Medical Physiology 12th Edition, Guyton AC.
- The Top 100 Drugs
• Library catalogue fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
The Library Catalogue contains details of books, journals, DVDs and other materials held by the library in physical form as well as many resources available electronically (eg. e-books and databases).
A 'search term' may be all or part of a title, author, publisher or simply subject keywords.
A guide to the using the library catalogue can be found here /guides/docs/LG174.pdf
• Medicines Complete fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
MedicinesComplete is an online platform which offers access to world-leading drug and healthcare resources. MedicinesComplete is a unique collection of clinically-proven, unbiased pharmaceutical information providing practical guidance and insight to pharmaceutical and clinical practitioners, researchers, and regulatory professionals
- British national formulary
- British national formulary for Children
- Pharmaceutical excipients
- Stockley's drug interactions