Human Resources - Finding Articles
Our Discovery Service allows you to find lots of journal articles all in one place. Sometimes however, you may prefer to use a specific database to improve the relevancy of your results.
Try these resources to look for more articles:
Contains academic peer-reviewed journal articles as well as professional and trade publications covering a vast range of business topics. Also includes country overviews, market reports and company swot analyses.
Searching Business Source Complete video (you will need to self-enrol on the Moodle site to view this video and then click back on the link)
Good place to search for articles from the HR magazine, People Management, and other professional magazines as well as articles from academic journals such as the Human Resources Management Review. Click on the peer-reviewed button if you only want academic articles.
The full-text of thousands of articles from more than 100 peer-reviewed journals published by Emerald. Subjects include health and safety, management, human resources, engineering, marketing and training. For the most relevant results, use the advanced search and restrict to case studies or literature reviews.
• XpertHR not in Discovery
This is a practitioner and professional database so you will not find a lot of academic content, but there is a huge amount of information on policy and good practice as well as employment law and case studies.
Remember you need to login even on campus - choose the Shibboleth option and University of Portsmouth.
**You should only use this database for your academic work. If you are employed, your company will need to have a separate corporate subscription should you wish to use this resource for commercial purposes**
Additional databases to consider
Wide range of references to print and electronic publications from different countries, with some available in full.
Provided by the ILO (International Labour Organization).
- PsycInfo contain journal article abstracts with links to the full-text where available
- Locate articles from the psychological, social, behavioural, and health sciences subject areas. Useful for those looking for materials related to psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work
- Keyword and Thesaurus searching with ability to refine results by date, peer reviewed, age, gender, author, language
- Cited reference search and links
- Help pages available
- This database is available to search on its own from the link above, plus you will find PsycArticle articles when searching Discovery
ScienceDirect's extensive and unique full text database covers authoritative titles from the core scientific literature, published by Elsevier. More than 2,500 journals and more than nine million full-text articles are available in ScienceDirect providing access to the physical sciences and engineering life sciences. This resource is also available through the Discovery service. A Library Guide is available.