Covid-19 adjustments to Library services
The Library is open but in line with the need to operate in a COVID-19 Secure fashion. Anyone entering the Library may have their details passed to the NHS Test & Trace service if requested.
Please note that the information provided here may be changed at short notice. Any changes will also be notified through our News page.
- Visitors will be required to show photo ID and complete a day pass form. The day pass will register Library entries and exits for Test & Trace purposes.
- If you have any Covid symptoms you must isolate immediately and arrange a test through NHS Test and Trace, you must not come on to campus or use any university facilities until you have taken a Covid test and received a negative result.
- Please bring a face covering when using the library, either a face mask or a visor if you are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons. The wearing of face coverings is currently mandatory in all indoor environments on campus. This comes into effect from Tuesday 30 November. The Library will have a small supply of face masks and visors for library users who arrive without their own.
- There are hand sanitisation stations in place in the building.
While most of our services have returned to normal operation, a few are subject to restrictions or alternate methods of delivery:
Services provided by staff who may be working from home
- 24/7 online chat
- Support from the Faculty Librarians for students and staff
- Support from the Research Outputs team
Services that will NOT be available
- Access to print newspapers (but you might like to try our new PressReader subscription as a partial substitute)
- Postgraduate suite
See also the University's coronovirus information page