Missing, lost or stolen books
If there is a book listed in your Library account which you think you have returned or has been lost or stolen, contact us and we will make the book a 'loan query'.
- Check for the book on our shelves
- If we find the book, we will tell you
- If the item has not been found or handed in, you will be sent a notification with the replacement cost of the item
- If payment is not received, you will be invoiced by the University Finance Department who will pursue this matter on behalf of the University Library
- Check at home, in your department and with your friends and colleagues immediately
- If you find the item, return it to the library
- You can continue to borrow books whilst you have a query on your library account. Your ability to borrow is suspended only if you do not respond to our notifications.