Renewing Your Loans
Automatic Renewal is done one week before a loan is due. We will not renew all your loans – just those due in a week’s time, provided:
- There are no active reservations on your loan
- Your library account is not due to expire
- You have not renewed your loan 99 times.
You will receive a notification from the Library (by default, this is emailed to your University of Portsmouth email account or to the email account you have supplied as an External reader):
- To confirm which loans have been renewed, with their new due date;
- To advise you which loans we have not been able to renew, and the date that they are due to be returned.
Two days before the loans we were not been able to renew are due to be returned, we will email you a further reminder. Please do check My Account and try to renew your own loans: it may be that the issue that originally meant that we could not carry out an automatic renewal for you has now been resolved.
- If you have any queries about renewing your loans, please contact us
If your loans are not renewed automatically by the Library and you do not renew them yourself after receiving your reminder notification, we will send you out further overdue reminders by email and, if there is no response, as a printed notification to your postal address.
Other ways to renew items
You can renew books online using 'My Account' in the Library Catalogue.
Enter your library number and click <Logon>. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Renew books by contacting the User Services team by telephone. This can be done even if the items are already overdue.
Tel: (023) 9284 3228 (view Welcome Desk opening hours)
Take the items you wish to renew to the Welcome Desk in the Atrium, where staff can check and renew your loans for you.
Take your University Card to the Welcome Desk in the Atrium, where staff can check and renew your loans for you.
Use the self service kiosks
Select Account and scan your University card. Then select renew items and follow the on-screen instructions.
Automatic Renewal is set up to check your library account one week before a loan is due but you can renew your loans yourself before Automatic Renewal takes place or after Automatic Renewal has happened.
- Items reserved by another borrower may not be renewed.
- Items may not be renewed if your library account is due to expire.
If you have any queries about renewing your loans, please contact us