Hannah Porter v.1
Faculty Librarian for the Business School
Hi, I’m Hannah, the Faculty Librarian for Portsmouth Business School, and Lizzie Wildgoose is the Assistant Faculty Librarian. Together we look after the library and information needs of the business students, staff and researchers within the University of Portsmouth Business and Law School (Linda Jones supports the law subject area).
We hope to meet most of you in our Library welcome or other teaching sessions so we can introduce the fantastic range of services and resources on offer. We don’t expect you to remember everything though so please ask for help if you are struggling to find information:
- Have a look at our Business Subject pages for advice on how to get started and taking your searches further.
- Contact our experienced Enquiry Services staff for quick answers in person, via online chat or via email/phone.
- For more detailed queries, arrange an appointment with me or Lizzie via book a librarian.
I will also be offering various drop-in times in the Richmond building which will be advertised on the Business Subject pages.
I am happy to meet with you to discuss both your own information needs and those of your students.
I can offer a variety of learning opportunities for your students:
- Formal taught sessions to large groups or classes, as presentations or workshops.
- Informal drop-ins (e.g. popping into tutorials to give 10-15 minutes directed help for assignments or demonstrating a particular library resource).
- Various learning objects to aid the use of library resources (in development).
We can also advise on the Talis Aspire Reading List Service and how you can update your reading lists and link them into your Moodle units, and ensure items on your lists are up-to-date and in stock.
I would also love to hear about your own ongoing research and areas of academic interest.