Contacting the Library
For all enquiries you can -
- phone +44 (0)23 9284 3228
- email email@example.com
- use our online enquiry form
- use our chat service
- If you have a problem with behaviour in the Library (e.g. noise in Silent Zones) you can anonymously text the Security Team on 07860 756894 whenever the building is open
Phones are normally staffed between 9am and 9pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm weekends during term time. Outside of these hours you will be redirected to call our out-of-hours service who may be able to help.
The University Library
Feedback and complaints
We encourage you to give us feedback about library services. Feedback is used to improve our services.
How to give feedback
You can give us your feedback:
Making a complaint
Please send your complaint by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to: Complaints, User Services Team, University of Portsmouth Library, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2ST. You will receive a response within fourteen days.
Whilst we make every effort to resolve your complaint if, for any reason, you are not satisfied with the response you have received you may escalate your complaint as follows:
- University of Portsmouth Students should follow the University of Portsmouth Student Complaints Procedure
- All other Library Users should write to: University Librarian, University of Portsmouth Library, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2ST. The University Librarian will respond to the complainant in full within twenty eight days.