What assistive technology is available in the library?
Our generally available technologies and services address accessibility issues where possible including:
- Accessible web site which can be accessed via mobile devices.
- Library Guides are available in different formats and on different coloured paper upon request.
- All PCs across the campus have large 24" screens
- Scanners are available on every floor. Please contact us if you need large amounts of scanning done, particularly books, as we have a digitisation service for our disabled users.
- Assistive software is installed across the University network
- Wheelchair accessible library catalogue and touchscreen kiosks
We also have specialised equipment to support a variety of disabilities:
A mobile adjustable height desk for use in any area, including group study rooms
Coloured overlays available on request from the Support Desk
Portable induction loops at enquiry points and in teaching rooms
Adjustable book support table
As well as an assistive technology area containing:
Adjustable tables for wheelchair access
Large font, high contrast keyboard
MagniLink X Split Reader - a magnifying electronic auto-focusing vision aid
For an introduction to the above technology or for help with any of the above including pre-booking please contact staff at the Support Services desk on the Ground floor which is open during the week from 8 am - midnight during term time (email@example.com or Tel: 023 9284 3228). We also offer an out-of-hours telephone service when the desk is closed.
We are always looking to improve our provision, so please ask us if there is something you need to assist you in making full use of our facilities