What assistive technology is available in the library?
Our generally available technologies and services address accessibility issues where possible including:
- Accessible web site which can be accessed via mobile devices.
- Library Guides are available in different formats and on different coloured paper upon request.
- All PCs across the campus have large 24" screens
- Scanners are available on every floor. Please contact us if you need large amounts of scanning done, particularly books, as we have a digitisation service for our disabled users.
- Assistive software is installed across the University network via Apps Anywhere.
- Wheelchair accessible library catalogue via touchscreen kiosks
- Portable USBs containing useful open source assistive technology such as coloured screen overlays, view bars and basic text-to-speech programmes (available upon request).
- An ergonomic mouse, a trackerball mouse, a joystick mouse and a large keyboard are available to borrow from the Loans Help Desk.
We also have specialised equipment to support a variety of disabilities:
Coloured overlays available on request from the IT Help Desk
Portable induction loops at enquiry points and in teaching rooms
Adjustable book support table
Adjustable tables for wheelchair access and ergonomic chairs