Economics & Finance
The Library purchases high-quality subscription online resources to support your assignments.
Download the University VPN system to access these any time, anywhere!
Finding, reading and referencing relevant journal articles will get you the highest marks:
Sometimes you might want to search in a recommended journal rather than search across all publications for articles on a topic.
Your lecturers will recommend journals you can use and it's always a good idea to reference some articles from these in your assignments.
You can search eJournals to find out which journals we subscribe to and to search titles individually.
Below are some separate journal subscriptions you may wish to explore:
• American Economic Review fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
Features original, high-quality papers on theoretical and empirical developments in public, co-operative or non-profit economics, as well as survey articles reviewing relevant literature and addressing all the topical issues in the field.
• The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
• Econometrica fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
Published by the Royal Economic Society, find peer-reviewed articles covering all fields of economics and econometrics, from academic, government and business economists.
Find papers on all aspects of model building in the field of economics including computable general equilibrium models, real business cycle models, environmental models, and macroeconomic models.
Useful for researchers to keep abreast of new results, models and methods in all fields of economic research, this journal offers "concise communications, which are a vehicle to quickly communicate important pieces of new research".
Find theoretical and empirical articles exploring how human behaviour impacts on economic decision, organisation, behaviour and economic change.
• Journal of Economic Literature fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
• Journal of Economic Perspectives fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
This Elsevier journal offers theoretical and empirical research in all areas of international economics including trade patterns, commercial policy, international institutions, exchange rates, open economy macroeconomics, international finance, and international factor mobility.
• Journal of Law and Economics fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
Find research in monetary economics, monetary analysis, the working a structure of financial institutions, the role of institutional arrangements, changes in banking structure, and welfare aspects of structural policies.
• Journal of Political Economy fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
• Quarterly Journal of Economics fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
• Review of Economic Studies fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery
• Review of Economics and Statistics fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery