Pure and the Portsmouth Research Portal v.11
Pure is managed by the department of Research and Innovation Services (RIS), but the Library manage the research outputs (publications), PhD theses and research data sections within Pure. If you need help using any other aspect of Pure, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pure in general
Research outputs / publications
Can you give me a quick overview of Pure?
Here are the main points ...
- Pure is the University's database that holds information about all of the research we conduct. This ranges from the funding applications, funding awarded, projects, activities, publications, outputs, research data, impact, press coverage, and much more!
- Pure is managed over by the department of Research and Information Systems. However, the management of certain areas in Pure is delegated to other departments. Please see the overview of all content types in Pure guide.
- All academic staff and PhD students have a profile on Pure. Please feel free to log in to Pure and add details about your research.
- What is the Portsmouth Research Portal? This is the public website which displays content held in Pure. (See the diagram above). Every academic and PhD students have a public profile (example). All departments also have their own profile area on Pure.
- Why should I care about Pure?! Here's just a few reasons -
- Pure drives your public profile on the Portsmouth Research Portal, so it's essential that you keep Pure up to date as it assists in promoting your research and your professional public image.
- Your faculty and department runs reports from Pure, including those use for strategic planning and also those used in your PDR.
- You can use it to see what your colleagues are working on.
- To ensure you journal and conference articles can be submitted to the REF they must be made open access via Pure.
Where can I get help using Pure?
How do I upload outputs to Pure?
Please see the quick guide to uploading outputs. If you are uploading journal or conference articles, you should also look at our Open Access information page to ensure that you meet REF and funder requirements.
What type of outputs / publications can be stored in Pure?
Pure has a place to store every kind of output! Please see our 'what goes where in Pure' guide for more information.
I'm a CCI academic, how can upload my practice-based research, including portfolios?
Please see our Additional instructions for CCI researchers - Creating ‘linked outputs’ for the REF to be submitted as single submissions for more information.
Where can I get information about Open Access in relation to Pure?
Please see the Open Access information page.