Film screening licences

The showing of a film for educational purposes may be permitted if it has been recorded and shown under the terms of our ERA Licence. However, there may be occasions when you wish to screen a film for non-educational purposes, for example in the context of a film society or as an end-of-term piece of entertainment. In such cases you will need to obtain the necessary film copyright licence. The University does not hold blanket licences for such use, so you may want to obtain a licence on a 'per screening' basis.

There are two key providers of such licences - Filmbank and MPLC , which each represent different studios, producers and distributors.