Bibliographic details and abstracts are available to all. Downloads of full-text dissertations are restricted to University of Portsmouth members who must login. MPhils may be accessed by all.
The University Library maintains a limited selection of undergraduate student dissertations, taught postgraduate student dissertations and MPhils in electronic form. See our policies and procedures for handling dissertations and requirements for acceptance as well as information about what is included in the selection.
Please note that some courses, including all Business and Law courses do not submit dissertations to this service. If you cannot find relevant dissertations here, please contact your tutor or check on Moodle.
To quickly find dissertations and MPhils by title or course, start typing keywords in the appropriate field below. Any matches will be listed in a dropdown - the more you enter, the more precise the result. Click on any item on the list to select it. Or click 'Advanced Search' to find items by title & abstract, author, date, department or course, alone or in combination.
Most recent additions to the collection
- Mills, Liam (2021) Ignorance is not bliss: how can social workers be more effective when working with parents who misuse substances, with the aim to have better relationships but still protect children from harm?. (unpublished MSc dissertation), University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth
- Farr, Cia (2021) An exploration of social work approaches to working with children and families within Gypsy, Roma and Travelling Communities within the United Kingdom. (unpublished BSc dissertation), University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth
- Taylor, Emily (2021) Exploring the barriers to a successful placement and better outcomes for a looked after child/young person: a literature review. (unpublished BSc dissertation), University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth
- Thomas, Megan (2021) An exploration of the experience of sexual assault, from a range of different victim demographics. (unpublished BSc dissertation), University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth
- Larbie, Stephanie (2021) Do social workers understand and feel comfortable in the area of cultural competence and anti-racist social work practice when working with service users from ethnic minority backgrounds. (unpublished BSc dissertation), University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth