Library service standards
The library service standards will be monitored as an ongoing process and the results will be
posted on our library blog and website after the end of each teaching block.
Library services and opening hours
- The library will be open for the advertised opening hours.
- Changes to standard opening hours and services will be published on the library website at least one month in advance.
Enquiry and front-line services
- Clients should wait no longer than 3 minutes to be helped at any open service point.
- Phone calls to our staffed enquiries line will be answered within 1 minute during staffed hours.
- Emails to email@example.com will receive an answer or a referral within 1 working day.
- Online chat enquiries will be answered on the same day and there will be no missed chats.
- Letters will be answered within 2 working days.
Building and spaces
- Faulty equipment and lighting will be reported and signage displayed on the same working day.
Availability of books and resources
- Print book orders will be on the shelf ready for clients to use within 4 weeks.
- Urgent print book orders will be on the shelf ready for clients to use within 7 working days.
- 80% of items will be reshelved within 1 working day.
- Problems with electronic resources will be responded to on the same working day.
Interlibrary loan and distance learning document delivery service
- Postal loan requests from distance learners will be posted within 1 working day of their receipt where the book is available in the library.
- 70% of interlibrary loan requests will be actioned within 1 working day.
Feedback and complaints
- Suggestions will be responded to within 10 working days.
- Responses to complaints will be sent within 14 working days.
- 2019/2020 Library service standards report for Teaching Block 1 (docx file for downloading)